What is your take on masturbation? Is it healthy? Are there any benefits to actually having an orgasm? Is this something I can do whenever I want? Or is there a limit? Will it affect any relationships I’m in the wrong way?
Wondering in Waikiki
The bottom line is, masturbation or love me time, is extremely good for you. There are no limits (but hey, if you’re doing lots of self love instead of going to work, or hanging with friends, you may want to consult your doctor!) But self massage and achieving orgasm can be one of the most beneficial things you can do for yourself! Here are a few of the benefits that immediately come to mind!
1. Happiness is just an orgasm away! Pleasure makes you feel good, and an orgasm releases the endorphins dopamine and oxytocin which are immediate mood boosters! So make yourself happy and give yourself an orgasm. Best part? You can have as many as you want!
2. Masturbation can ease post-menopause sex issues.
Menopause is a time of change in a woman. Hormones are fluctuating, and the body begins to shift from one of fertility. During menopause, many women will suffer with vaginal dryness, a narrowing of the vagina, and a loosening of the vaginal tissues. Masturbation and orgasms increase blood flow, and help relieve vaginal dryness and can actually increase sexual desire.
In other words, you want to use it and not lose it!
3. Masturbation can help give you a good nights rest. No need for drugs, masturbation and an orgasm can help fend of insomnia, and remember those endorphins? Not only do they help you feel good, but then they calm and relax you as well. So next time you’re tossing and turning because you can’t sleep, give yourself some self-love and release your natural endorphins!
4. Get to know you… all of you! A great self-massage is a way for you to really get to know all of your body, where do you like to be touched? What excites you? Where to linger? Gain a new appreciation of your body, and what makes you uniquely you. The more you know about yourself, the more you can help your partner bring you to new heights of ecstasy.
5. Toys can help! Some women are unable to achieve a sustained orgasm just using their hands, so look into getting some help! The right vibrator can help! Look at our resources of vibrators that may help you get that spot, and help release all those pent up endorphins.