Menopause is another phase in our physical being. It’s not the end of youth or sexuality, but a natural transition to the next phase. The very first alternative remedy for menopause is a positive mental attitude. Mental attitude is a common theme at Yasmine’s Room. Our mental outlook has a tremendous amount of power and force behind our total well-being. Begin to alternate your view of middle age and menopause by increasing physical exercise, eating better, and picking up a relaxation practice that you enjoy. Menopause is not the end, and our mission at Yasmine’s Room is provide you with pathways to increasing love, pleasure and well-being.
If you’re suffering with some of the symptoms of menopause which can include irritability, hot flashes, weight gain and bone loss, we have some alternative remedies to share! Here is a list of the favorites amongst the Yasmine’s Room community.
- Black Cohosh is one of the most well-known alternative menopause relief. This remedy has been around for ages, and can be found in practically every vitamin aisle. Black Cohosh can be found in tablet, capsules, tinctures as well as tea. Black Cohosh can help alleviate discomfort from hot flashes and night sweats as well as menstrual cramps and PMS. We are currently taking Estroven, which also contains Black Cohosh.
- Flax Seed is another alternative remedy for hot flashes, and is an exceptionally healthy additive to your diet, whether you have menopausal symptoms or not. Flax Seed, whether you sprinkle ground up seeds on your yogurt or prefer the oil, is full of omega-3 fatty acids which are the “good” fats. Omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to be heart healthy. Flax Seed also contains lignans which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities. Flax Seed is also very high in fiber, so think about adding this to your diet!
- Vitamin E taken as a vitamin can help ward off and combat hot flashes. Use the Vitamin E oil topically for vaginal dryness.
- Yoga & Meditation – If you haven’t added this to your daily regimen, start now. Yoga is not only beneficial to your body, but it can help reduce mood swings and irritability, enhance sleep, and give you a great, healthy body!
- Acupuncture – If you are open to trying out this approach, acupuncture has helped women suffering from menopausal depression and hot flashes. A recent study at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center administered acupuncture to 209 women. More than 47% of the women reported a reduction in hot flashes. Another study from the University of Melborune in Australia showed that women treated with “real” acupuncture and a placebo effect (the skin was not actually penetrated with a needle) a 40% reduction in both frequency and severity in their hot flashes.
- Cannabis – with many states in the U.S. now allowing access to medical cannabis, you may find relief from hot flashes, sleep disruption, mood swings and enhance your sex drive with the right tincture or edible. If you are a California resident with your Cannabis medical card, check out this great starter kit on cannabis, pain relief without the high!
Prior to taking any or performing any of these alternative remedies, check with your doctor to determine what is best for you!
*Affiliate and referral codes are on this page to make shopping easier for you.