Feeling uptight? Overworked? Anxious? Finding it hard to relax and get in the mood? Your nose and the scents that surround you can help you relax and enjoy yourself more. Aromatherapy is an alternative remedy that uses essential oils and other aromatic plants and plant compounds to change, and uplift a person’s mood or mental state.
When it comes to sex and pleasure, many of us have forgotten the incredible power of scent. Essential oils can contribute to your overall mood and wellbeing. Many of the scents that we have listed for you can calm nerves, relax the nervous system and help you enjoy sensuality. There are a variety of scents and aromas to choose from. Experiment with a few, and see what works for you and which scents you and your lover prefer!
There are a few ways to bring these aromas in to your bedroom, or wherever you want to increase a sense of well-being (the office, your car, the classroom). When using essential oils, dilution is important. Dilute your chosen essential oil with a carrier oil (like almond oil or coconut oil) and wear it as a scent, or use as a massage oil. You can dilute the oil in a warm bath, in the shower, or in a spray bottle of distilled water and spritz into the air, or onto your bed linens. Experiment with different techniques and methods to help spread the scent and uplift your mood, relax and enjoy.
We have created a list of essential oils that are our favorite for you that may increase your relaxation, enhance sensuality, promote sexual energy and libido. Forget complicated and expensive perfume and colognes, these aromas date back centuries were used as aphrodisiacs or for relaxation. So give them a try!
Here are a few of our favorites!
- Lavender: Would you like to increase your feelings of peace? Calm? Relaxation? Lavender is an essential oil that everyone should have on hand. The smell of lavender usually greets you upon entering a high end spa. This essential oil has many healing properties and is incredibly versatile. It can ease tension after a long day, reduces feelings of anxiety and can promote peaceful sleep. Legend has it that Cleopatra used lavender to attract and seduce her lovers.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is one of the most pleasant and welcoming scents on the planet. If you’re feeling sluggish, break out the cinnamon oil and take a big whiff. Cinnamon oil is a warming oil, perfect for massages. Looking to add a little warmth and spice in your sexual life? Just rub a single drop of cinnamon oil onto your genitals before sex and it will increase blood flow. Goodbye sluggishness, hello excitement!
- Jasmine: Would you like to feel more optimistic, confident, and euphoric? Than inhale the aroma of Jasmine. This spectacular floral scent has an amazing balancing effect on the nervous system, creating new feelings of confidence and euphoria. Thinking about sex? Have this scent waft through the bedroom, and draw you into its feelings of ecstasy.
- Rose: Red roses are the flowers of romance and Rose oil is the essential oil of love. The aroma helps awaken and stir desire. The smell of rose oil is incredibly romantic and has been used as scent to lure lovers for ages. Make a massage oil with this scent and stir up some romance! This essential oil also improves circulation, and can combat stress.
- Neroli: Neroli oil has been an aphrodisiac for centuries. This citrusy scent is a wonderful aroma that helps uplift moods, and can calm the nervous system. This scent is wonderful when it is diffused in the bedroom, or use wherever you need a lift in your mood!
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood oil is one of the oldest bases for perfumes. It also has been used in Tantric sexual rituals for ages. This scent is said to open and release the second chakra, and heighten your body’s sexual response. Legend has it that this essential oil, used properly can induce more powerful, and fulfilling orgasms.
- Vanilla: Vanilla oil is another natural aphrodisiac. It is said to help increase male sexual potency, and provide feelings of euphoria and relaxation. It has been a base of French perfumes for hundreds of years, and is a scent loved around the world.
- Peppermint: Next to lavender, peppermint oil is another versatile essential oil and it also contains antimicrobial properties. Peppermint oil is a cooling oil. It provides a cooling sensation, has a calming effect on the body, can freshen the breath, and relieve sore muscles. In the bedroom, peppermint oil can increase the possibility of multiple orgasms in women. Make sure to have this essential oil on hand!
Try these essential oils, and decide which ones work for you at home, in the bedroom, at work, or in the car. Experiment with their use, and check out all of the available literature on essential oils and their curative powers!
*Affiliate links included in this blog.